Dungeons and Dragons played by ancient British idiots.
An actual play podcast
Hello hello and welcome to the Billowing Hilltop podcast!
We are a group of friends who have been playing Dungeons and Dragons in its various forms for over 40 years. We’re evidently no longer teenagers so we can’t just go round to each other’s houses every week to spend endless hours fighting Goblins and arguing about rules, so instead we use the magic of the internet and fire-up, quite literally in Jonny’s case, our laptops on and squirrel ourselves away from partners and children to satisfy our long-standing addiction to this wonderful game.
Online play can have its ‘moments’; microphones, bandwidth and the occasional misapplied mute button – but it works very well on the whole, and if a 12-year-old can manage it then that’s a challenge enough for us.
…And now we think the world deserves yet another live play podcast, our regular Wednesday session. For our first foray we’ve decided to play the Age of Worms campaign, starting with “The Whispering Cairn”, as a 5E adventure.
We hope you join us and enjoy listening as much as we enjoy playing.
As to why Billowing Hilltop is called Billowing Hilltop? The answer is buried in the mists of time and no-one seems to want to remember….
- Episode 6 – You Can’t Always Get Wodge You Want February 6, 2020Fresh from their battle with the Wodge Gang, our over-eyebrowed heroes head into Diamond Lake. Will they find the missing lantern? What will they learn from the wizard Hesti Testapod? And will they remember it? If you find a magic sword and no-one else notices, is it yours to keep? There’s only one way to […]
- Episode 5 – There’s Gnoll Edmonds January 23, 2020Only Madame Wodge of the Lodge and her goons stand between our adventurers and their destiny. It’s time for our heroes to stiffen the sinews, summon up the blood and put them to the sword! Just as soon as they can agree who goes first.
- Episode 4 – The Swimmer Takes it All January 9, 2020We’ve got company! Cuthbert sneaks upstairs to investigate the intruders in the main tomb whilst the rest of the party explore the scary sub-level. Grimbold goes swimming. Burple and Sessions look busy. Parker steadies off just in case.
- Episode 3 – I Need Your Love to Keep Me Swarm December 30, 2019Our heroes must battle to avoid becoming bug food. And what mysteries lie deeper in the tomb?
- Episode 2 – I Can Sing A Rainbow December 14, 2019Our heroes push further into the Whispering Cairn and discover a mysterious tomb. What is the secret of the lanterns?