Dungeons and Dragons played by ancient British idiots.
An actual play podcast
Hello hello and welcome to the Billowing Hilltop podcast!
We are a group of friends who have been playing Dungeons and Dragons in its various forms for over 40 years. We’re evidently no longer teenagers so we can’t just go round to each other’s houses every week to spend endless hours fighting Goblins and arguing about rules, so instead we use the magic of the internet and fire-up, quite literally in Jonny’s case, our laptops on and squirrel ourselves away from partners and children to satisfy our long-standing addiction to this wonderful game.
Online play can have its ‘moments’; microphones, bandwidth and the occasional misapplied mute button – but it works very well on the whole, and if a 12-year-old can manage it then that’s a challenge enough for us.
…And now we think the world deserves yet another live play podcast, our regular Wednesday session. For our first foray we’ve decided to play the Age of Worms campaign, starting with “The Whispering Cairn”, as a 5E adventure.
We hope you join us and enjoy listening as much as we enjoy playing.
As to why Billowing Hilltop is called Billowing Hilltop? The answer is buried in the mists of time and no-one seems to want to remember….
- Episode 9 – Rastophan Vibration March 26, 2020Our heroes head into Diamond Lake on the hunt for the missing bones. The trail leads to the Feral Dog and Kullen’s gang of thugs, but will it be confrontation or negotiation that gets the answers they seek? And can Cuthbert hold the same accent for more than five minutes?
- Episode 8 – Burn Baby Burn March 19, 2020A ghostly figure demands a service before the inner chambers of the Whispering Cairn can be explored. Our heroes uncover a mystery. Grimbold sets fire to small animals.
- Episode 7 – Papa Don’t Preach February 20, 2020Our heroes set about obtaining the magic lantern and unlocking the mysteries of the Whispering Cairn. Can they trade the head of Madame Wodge or will they have to resort to burglary? Can they outwit Sheriff Cubbins? Can the players sing the Hesti Testapod Song? The answers lie within!
- Episode 6 – You Can’t Always Get Wodge You Want February 6, 2020Fresh from their battle with the Wodge Gang, our over-eyebrowed heroes head into Diamond Lake. Will they find the missing lantern? What will they learn from the wizard Hesti Testapod? And will they remember it? If you find a magic sword and no-one else notices, is it yours to keep? There’s only one way to […]
- Episode 5 – There’s Gnoll Edmonds January 23, 2020Only Madame Wodge of the Lodge and her goons stand between our adventurers and their destiny. It’s time for our heroes to stiffen the sinews, summon up the blood and put them to the sword! Just as soon as they can agree who goes first.